Manu Adventures - Guest Reviews..
56 | Show Pages:
5 years ago this month my friend Joan Ward and myself set out on the experience of a lifetime to India on The Dalai Lama Trekking Challenge, Himalayas to raise money for Claire House Children\'s Hospice. We met the most wonderful group of friends and were led by a fantastic team, Subhash and Manu. I will never forget the experience, the most awesome scenery I have ever seen, the sounds, the smells and the hospitality of the beautiful people of India 2009.
Me and my team is very thankful for your services and all needed help you provided.
My regards to the trek guide ,Cook and another guy who came with us.
Dinner was so good,trek guidance was very helpful during night.
Hope we will do another business with you in future.
Thanks and regards
Tarun vats (email@example.com)
Thank you very much for the time and care you spent planning this for us. There were so many little things, that while small really helped us to enjoy the experience even more. We appreciate that professionalism that everyone associated with Manu Adventures & Tours displayed during the entire experience.
Our trip was just magical, and I would highly recommend Manu Adventures & Tours to anyone considering a trekking tour in India. I donít know how it could have been better, and I canít wait to book another trip through Manu Adventures & Tours again. Thanks so much for all your help
Jasica and her friends
We were delighted with our trek to Triund
Ranu was an excellent guide - knowlesgable, patient and friendly. He turned up right on time and everything went smoothly
We found that we moved along at a good pace and got to see the mountain range while the sky was still clear
We also enjoyed taking the alternative route down the mountain towards the waterfall
This has been one of the best experiences we have had over the 2 years we have been in India.
We got back to Singapore yesterday. I wanted to let you know that we had a great trip to India again!
Our trek was excellent! The cook, Ravi, made fantastic food! He was very helpful and even taught us how to make some of the dishes. Our guide, Vinod, was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was even able to change the plans for us. We were supposed to stay in this house for one night which would have been Ok, but he was able to get us into this old colonial era house instead which we much preferred. Our driver, Subash, who stayed with us the whole time we were in Kerala was friendly and very good at what he does. We really appreciated all his work.
The bird sanctuary was excellent and I would recommend it to my friends.The hotel you booked for us in Kochi was perfect! We also really enjoyed our time in Agonda beach and would recommend that to our friends as well.
Thank you Manu for arranging such a fantastic trip for us.
Happy new year!
Dear Mr Manu,
Please find below the feedback on our trek to the Indrahar pass.
1. Food - The food during the trek was excellent. The cook and helpers made sure we were served hot, fresh food and the food for the fast was also cooked with warmth and tasted delicious.
2. Punctuality - the time for each days trek was perfect and we started on time.
3. Organisation - the tents were pitched before our arrival each day.
4. Campsites - the campsites at Triund and Laka Got were lovely. Great setting and clean.
5. Tents - the tents were cosy but not big enough to keep our big back packs. We left our back packs in the kitchen tent.
6. Medical - we were a bit surprised that no medical certificate or history was taken from us considering this was a fairly strenuous trek with all the rocks and boulders. We all feel this is a must and you must ask for medical certificates and ailments if any and advice accordingly.
7. Itinerary - We would also have appreciated a little more information about the trekking terrain. This is not an easy trek. It is definitely moderate. The first two days were as stated in the itinerary but day 3 to the pass was very rocky and steep. We feel we were not adequately mentally prepared for this kind of a trail. We suggest you elaborate a little more in the itinerary for the pass so that people know that it is a steady, strenuous, rocky and uphill climb for all 4 - 5 hours or more depending on the pace of the group.
8. Guidance - Mr Ranu was very sweet throughout and helpful but I wish he had told us that we should stop less for photos and prepared us that it would take us at least 6 hours to make it to the top.
He saw the pace at which our group was walking and we wish he had let us know that we will not be able to reach the top at that pace if we kept stopping. We would have loved to reach the pass but it was 11:45am when we were still 1 and a half hours away from the top. We had to return as well and couldn\'t keep going.
Had you told us that we should carry on the trail and camp after crossing the pass on the Chamba side then we might have gone ahead to the top without worrying about time to return back to Laka Got.
The fact that we had to return downhill was what made it difficult for us to keep going past 12 o\'clock. Mr Ranu told us that after 12 he would like us to return but we wish he had said that to us the night before so we knew what he expected.
A little chat about the next day and what the trail is like, some tips on walking, pace or how the group should move would have been highly appreciated by us.
Overall, we had a very good experience and although we didn\'t reach the top of the pass, we enjoyed the journey there. It brought our group closer and we will cherish the memories forever.
Rashmi, Priya, Bindu and Sneh(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rashmi, Priya, Bindu and Sneh
Hello Manu !
How are you ? I hope everything is ok for you.
\"I loved my treks with Manu Adventures. I did two treks, one to Triund and the other to Guna Devi (day hike), both were really good. T he ways in the mountain were beautiful ! The whole organization was very suited and careful, I even had the chance to sleep in a wonderful private guesthouse at the end of the mountain, one of my best memories in India ! Manu and his staff are lovely, people who can be trusted. Thank you for everything and long live Manu Adventures!
\\\"The trek to Minkiani pass was one of my lifeís best experiences ever. Everything about the trek was planned by Manu and all that we (I & a friend, who had earlier gone to Triund with Manu) did was to have a conference call about basic stuff. Manu promised us an adventure and adventure was what we got. The team that he sent with us for the trek were extremely professional and courteous. We were always made to feel at-home and the detail-oriented planning is something that I certainly need to learn from them. What struck me the first time I met Manu was his passion for trekking and his knowledge of the hilly terrain. I would like to thank him for the wonderful experience he provided and certainly will be calling on him very soon for another trek" (June 2013) From Chennai, Tamil Nadu
How Long trek:-05 Days
Name Of trek:- Dharamsala Trek
Number of Travelers:- Five
- Trek was at the right level for our family. It was not too hard and not too easy
- Guide and the staff on the trek were super nice and courteous. They were helpful and did all the necessary things
- The food was absolutely the best we\\\\\\\'ve had on any trek. All the lunches were also very delicious and a different mix from sandwiches (puris, roti rolls etc)Donald Lodo from USA (June 2013)
Donald Lobo (email@example.com)
See more pages: